It’s New Map Monday! Los Robles – Felton St. to Angel Vista via the Dragonback Hills
- Pretty route with quick access for Newbury Park residents
- Great views at Angel Vista – from the Channel Islands to Topatopa Bluff to the Santa Suzana Mountains to Mount Baldy
- Experience the “Dragonback Hills”
This out-and-back route gets you to Angel Vista by way of the challenging Dragonback Hills. Part of the Los Robles Trail follows a very narrow easement between private property. It goes straight up and down the steep slope – the Dragonback Hills. This section of the trail is always deeply rutted, loose and slippery. But if you’re up to it – they’re a great challenge! Its steepness is such that few mountain bikers can descend it without sliding into a rut, and even fewer can climb it. But once you get past them to Angel Vista, the view makes it all worthwhile!
- Popularity: Angel Vista is very popular; the Dragonback Hills are unlikely to have people on them
- Parking: Free; on Felton Street just off of Lynn Rd.
- Distance: 3.1 miles out-and-back
- Cumulative Climbing and Descent: About 700’ total.
For all the details including an elevation profile and photos, download the printable full PDF guide.
For complete details on this trail guide and other new ones, go to https://www.cosf-test.org/trails/trail-guides/