Conejo Open Space Challenge
Here’s your chance to explore some of the best trails in the Conejo Open Space that many people are not familiar with! From March 1st through May 31st the Conejo Open Space Conservation Agency (COSCA) is challenging mountain bikers, hikers, trail runners and equestrians of all ages to try out some of their trails that may be new to them. See if you can complete all ten trails! If you do, you will be entered into a raffle and could win a prize donated by some awesome sponsors.
View updates to the Challenge activities towards the bottom of this page, including galleries of photos submitted by participants!
The 11th Annual Challenge runs March 1 – May 31, 2022.
- Cottontail Trail (Dos Vientos); here is a suggested route
- Elliot Mountain Trail (Conejo Canyons); here is a suggested route
- Felton Trail (Los Robles); here is a suggested route
- Las Brisas Trail (Dos Vientos); here is a suggested route
- Lindero Creek Trail (North Ranch); here is a suggested route
- Olympia Farms Trail (Rancho Potrero); here is a suggested route
- Rocky Incline Trail (Lang Ranch); here is a suggested route
- Skelton Canyon Trail (North Ranch); here is a suggested route
- Spring Canyon Trail (Los Robles); here is a suggested route
- Wishbone Loop (North Ranch); here is a suggested route
To help you find your way, you can download maps to these trails as a PDF document.
There is no fee to participate in the Challenge. If you complete all 10 trails, attend the post-event party (details TBD) to see if you’ve won a prize.
Email your photos or links to GPS tracks to email@example.com to show you’ve completed a segment. If you like, also post your photos on Twitter or Instagram with the tag #coschallenge.
Please follow all posted open space rules and be courteous to other trail users. Please do not use the trails when they are muddy or closed, and stay safe. This is not a race, so take your time and enjoy the experience.
You can support COSCA by making a tax-deductible donation to the Conejo Open Space Foundation (COSF) at cosf.org/donate. COSCA is the agency entrusted with preserving, protecting, and managing the open space resources in the Conejo Valley, including management and maintenance of the trails in this Challenge. Visit conejo-openspace.org or facebook.com/ConejoOpenSpace/ for more information about COSCA.
Participants give their permission for submitted photos to be used by COSCA and COSF on their websites, social media and future promotions.